Medical Center Company of Cleveland, Ohio
Who We Are
The Medical Center Company (MCCo) is dedicated to providing reliable, low-cost energy to the key institutions within University Circle. MCCo was formed in 1932 as a not-for-profit corporation in an effort to consolidate and conserve energy distribution within the non-profit corporations of University Circle. The corporation's inception was spearheaded by the visionary leaders of:
- Western Reserve University
- Lakeside Hospital
- Maternity Hospital of Cleveland
- Babies and Children's Hospital of Cleveland
- The University Hospitals of Cleveland
For more than 75 years we've successfully provided steam, electrical power, compressed air, vacuum, hot-soft water and chilled water to our members. Our primary focus has been to maintain and service the equipment necessary to provide reliable, low-cost utility services to our member institutions.
This centralized energy solution is referred to as a District Energy System in which multiple buildings receive heating and cooling energy from one centralized plant. The effective partnership between MCCo and the organizations within University Circle is committed to improving energy efficiencies and advancing technologies which directly benefit the environment and our local economy.